Penrod, located in Milwaukee’s Historic Third Ward with additional offices in Minneapolis, and Dallas, is seeking a part-time Accounting Specialist [16-20 hours per week]. Our Accounting Specialist will provide accounting and finance support to our organization in an exciting, fast-paced environment. Your accounting skills, incredible attention to detail, and ability to adapt and prioritize will pay off as you work hand in hand with the accouting team on a wide variety of daily, weekly, and monthly tasks.
Penrod is a culture-driven consulting agency specializing in Salesforce.com. As a Platinum Salesforce.com partner, we help businesses develop and implement cloud solutions that create customer success.
What You Must Do To Be Successful In This Position:
- Knowledge of basic accounting theories, practice and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Evaluate and report all payables activity to accounting software on a weekly basis.
- Prepare and process weekly check run for dispersal.
- Responsible for digital retention of all accounts payable invoices, receipts and contracts.
- Maintenance and retrieval of W-9’s and from vendors needed for 1099 processing.
- Provide, handle and retain records for electronic payments and related authorizations.
- Provide approval of expense reports and review for accuracy of information
- Analyze and code all expense report lines to the General Ledger.
- Perform other duties as assigned and provide back up support as needed.
What Skills & Experience We’d Like You To Have:
- Associate's degree or 1-2 years of Accounting experience preferred
- Solid understanding of accounting principles (GAAP)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables)
- Ability to think critically.
- Highly organized with an exceptional attention to detail.
- Self-starter with initiative who is able to operate with minimal supervision.
- Proven interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team player.
- Proven ability to multi-task and work well under pressure and deadlines.
- Proven ability to handle sensitive information confidentially.
- Must have effective and professional written and verbal communication skills and demonstrate confidence in communicating with all levels of the organization.
- A wide degree of flexibility and latitude is expected.
Penrod offers its employees a creative and fast-paced working environment. Penrod differentiates itself from others by hiring people who can grow with our company. We hire some of the brightest minds and invest in their personal growth while avoiding politics.
Penrod is a fast-paced, self-driven, highly inclusive culture.
- Casual dress at the office. Shorts and sandals are encouraged.
- Work/life integration.
- An open-concept office environment
- In-office recreation includes Ping-Pong and video games.
- Kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages.