Our team in Minneapolis needs an ambitious, self-starting Developer with excellent time management and communication skills (it’s a plus if you have experience freelancing or consulting!). This position will collaborate with other consultants and clients to develop custom software solutions on the Salesforce platform using integration tools, Apex, Visualforce, and lightning code. Are you skilled in debugging, problem-solving and root cause analysis, as well as wire-framing and prototyping user interfaces (mobile and desktop)? Get applyin’!
As a Platinum Salesforce Implementation Partner and certified Healthcare & Life Sciences Master Navigator, Penrod builds amazing experiences that keep its partners ahead of the digital curve.
Join a great team!
What You Must Do To Be Successful In This Position:
- Participate in the full product development lifecycle of different applications that solve problems many businesses face today; code, maintain and test software built on the Force.com Platform using Apex, Visualforce, and Lightning
- Have an understanding of Git, Pull Requests, and the full source control repository methodology
- Successfully design and write front and back end pieces of code, design and build real time integrations, and complete tasks outlined by JIRA tickets
- Possess experience writing Unit Tests
- Maintain a quarterly average utilization of 85% and 8.5 or above CSAT scores
- Be deeply invested in learning about software development on the Salesforce platform (Salesforce Administrator and Platform Developer I certifications required within first 90 days, Penrod covers 100% of certification costs)
- NOTE: Based on the nature of our clients, and our contracts with them, certain vaccinations may be required
What Skills & Experience We’d Like You To Have:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering with 3+ years of experience
- Bring a positive, helpful, and inquisitive attitude to work each day, always seeking to understand requirements and deliver outputs within the timelines set
- Maintain accountability for the success of each project you’ve been on
- A wide degree of flexibility and latitude is expected
- Be able to effectively communicate technical project needs to project stakeholders, clients, platform team members, and project managers
- Ability to handle stress and last-minute, urgent requests
- 1 year of prior experience writing code, preferably free-lance, agency, or consulting
- Experience with development methodologies: Agile or Waterfall
- Experience with relational databases, including work with SOQL, MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, or other common RDBMS.
- Experience to troubleshoot integrations issues with clients and internal team members
- Professional experience in a test-driven and formal QA development environment
- Ability to be flexible and handle multiple competing priorities and last-minute requests
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - must be able to effectively convey information and recommendations to clients, technical people, non-technical people
- Prefers, and is passionate about, User Experience (UX), User Interface (UI) design and front-end development
- Experience with wire-framing and creating style guides a plus
Penrod offers its employees a creative and fast-paced working environment. Penrod differentiates itself from others by hiring people who can grow with our company. We hire some of the brightest minds and invest in their personal growth while avoiding politics.
Penrod is a fast-paced, self-driven, highly inclusive culture.
- Work/Life Integration
- 100% Health, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Volunteer Time Off
- Training Cost Coverage
- Paid Parental Leave
- Biannual company get-together — PenrodPalooza!
- Gym reimbursement
- Free parking or transit
- Casual dress— express yo’self!
We hope to hear from you soon!
Penrod is an equal opportunity employer. Penrod does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, arrest or conviction record, marital status, military service or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law and reasonably accommodates applicants and employees as required by applicable law.
To all recruitment agencies:
Penrod does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Penrod employees, or any other company location. Penrod is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.